Dave Portnoy Claims He Got an Offer From the Trump Administration
Dave Portnoy claims he got approached about joining the Trump administration, but it came with one caveat he ultimately couldn't accept.
The Barstool Sports founder took to X on Tuesday and claimed he got a call a couple of months ago about possibly joining the Commerce Department to work under Secretary Howard Lutnick. Portnoy, 47, didn't offer details about the job, but he did wonder how someone like Elon Musk can spend so much time working with the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) while also running Tesla and X.
"I got a call a couple months ago. I don't know when I got the call. And it was like, 'Hey, would you have any interest, Dave, in joining the Department of Commerce ...' But a caveat of joining the government is somebody would have to run Barstool," Portnoy said. "You can't run Barstool and work for the government. I guess Elon doesn't have a specific title [with DOGE], but you kind of want your CEO with the eye on the ball, right?"
Portnoy called the whole process "weird."
I was offered a position in the government but I would’ve had to stop running Barstool to take it #DDTG pic.twitter.com/T1eNqCcPek
— Dave Portnoy (@stoolpresidente) March 11, 2025
"By the way ... they never followed up," he continued. "They're like, 'Let us know if you could find somebody to run Barstool and you're interested. And if you are interested we'll schedule a call in a week to go over the next steps.' That never happened. So, it was weird."
Related: Dave Portnoy Has a Strong Message for 'Crazy' LeBron James Fans
Portnoy is an ardent Trump supporter. He interviewed Trump at the White House during his first term and at the height of the COVID pandemic.
source https://www.mensjournal.com/news/dave-portnoy-job-offer-trump-administration
Comments
Post a Comment