Jay Leno Brushes Off His String of Dramatic Accidents

Jay Leno isn't going to let anything keep him away from his stand-up set.

The former Tonight Show host has had his share of unusual accidents over the last few years. Some may say he's cursed, but Leno is taking it all in stride.

"People get banged up in real jobs all the time," he joked on the April 23 episode of In Depth With Graham Bensinger. While everyone trips and falls every once in a while, Leno's accidents have been particularly dramatic with noticeable injuries.

In November 2024, the 75-year-old comedian fell 60 feet down a hill outside of his Pennsylvania hotel. Not only did he hit his head on a rock while he was tumbling downhill, but he also broke his wrist and endured major facial and body bruising. Still, the show went on that night.

"I had a show to do," Leno defended his decision to perform. "I mean, you have an audience waiting there, what are you gonna say, 'Excuse me, oh I banged my head.'"

Bensinger noted that it was a pretty serious injury and Leno somewhat conceded.

"Yeah, my eye sealed shut and I thought 'Oh, I'm blind in one eye,'" Leno responded. "...That was pretty funny that I fell down that stupid hill… I broke my wrist, I think I cracked something. Not too bad. But my face got really bashed in." He performed for the crowd before even seeking medical attention which shows his dedication to his craft.

In addition to his recent fall, Leno was involved in a 2023 motorcycle accident when he was "clotheslined" by a wire while pulling into the parking lot. "I got knocked off my motorcycle," he told the Las Vegas Review-Journal in January 2023. "So, I've got a broken collarbone. I've got two broken ribs. I've got two cracked kneecaps."

Leno also spent a week in the burn unit in November 2022 after a fire broke out in his garage while he was working on his automobile collection. The accident required skin-grafting surgery on his hands, face, and chest.

Leno has since recovered from all of his injuries.

Related: Jay Leno Admits He's Learned 'Nothing' After Car Fire and Motorcycle Accident



source https://www.mensjournal.com/entertainment/jay-leno-reaction-dramatic-accidents

Comments

Popular Posts