Oasis Guitarist Leaves Tour Amid Cancer Diagnosis
Paul “Bonehead” Arthurs, one of the founding members of rock band Oasis, announced that he will be stepping away from touring after being diagnosed with cancer.
"Early this year I was diagnosed with prostate cancer," the 60-year-old guitarist shared via Instagram on Friday, October 3. "The good news is I’m responding really well to treatment, which meant I could be part of this incredible tour."
Nearly 15 years after their 2009 split, Oasis announced in August 2024 that they would be reuniting for shows in the UK and Ireland. They later added the US, Australia and Asia to their tour.
"Now, I am having to take a planned break for the next phase of my care," Arthurs added. "So I'll be missing the gigs in Seoul, Tokyo, Melbourne and Sydney."
The band is set to hit Seoul on October 14 before heading to Tokyo, Japan, followed by Australia. Beginning November 15, Oasis will perform in South America, including Buenos Aires, Santiago and Sao Paulo.
"I'm really sad to be missing these shows, but I'm feeling good and will be back ready to go in time for South America," he continued. "Have an amazing time if you're going this month and I'll see you back onstage with the band in November."
source https://www.mensjournal.com/news/oasis-guitarist-leaves-tour-amid-cancer-diagnosis
Comments
Post a Comment